OFFICE OF THE JOINT DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
TRADE NOTICE No.1 DATED 30.11.2012
Attention of trade members
Various complaints/letters are being received from trade regarding difficulty in filing application for Chapter-3 benefits due to the new mode of E-filing. It is found that Shipping bills for Chapter-3 benefits are not available on the DGFT portal resulting in difficulty to file the application. Also at present there is no provision to transfer even the EDI shipping bill details (for Chapter-3 benefits) from customs to DGFT website.
Hence as a measure to enable the trade to avail Chapter-3 benefits, applicants are advised to upload both the EDI and non-EDI shipping bills detail manually to the DGFT repository and then after selecting e-BRC applications can be filed. For applications in which exports were made before the introduction of e-BRC, applications can be filed in the old prevailing procedure.
** Guidelines on filing chapter 3 application is given below**
This trade notice is issued for information & facilitation of the trade.
(Issued from file: Trade Notice/AM 13/CHN)
ASST. DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
FOR JT. DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
** Guidelines for Chapter-3 Application Filing
If Shipping Bills of EDI Ports are not found in "Add EDI SB to Repository" window, those Sbs can be manually entered in the SB repository.
EDI Shipping Bills
1. Administration - Add EDI SB to Repository – Giving Port Code and SB Date Range - Check whether your SBs are listed in the window.
2. If listed, add them to SB Repository.
3. Open SB Repository -
a. Attach BRC ( for e-BRC) - BRCs Issued on or after 17.08.2012
b. Manually enter BRC Details ( for Manual BRC)
4. Open Chapter-3 application - Select SBs from Repository – Open Product details window - Select Chapter-3 Scheme (VKGUY/FMS/FPS/MLFPS), Appendix Table , ITCHS Code , Item slno and Update. Entitlement amount will be calculated automatically.
EDI Shipping Bills which are not listed in Step-1 above and Non EDI SBs
5. Administration - SB Repository
a. Manually enter the SB details and Export Item details
b. Attach BRC ( for e-BRC) - BRCs Issued on or after 17.08.2012
c. Manually enter BRC Details ( for Manual BRC)
6. Open Chapter-3 application - Select SBs from Repository – Open Product details window – Select Chapter-3 Scheme (VKGUY/FMS/FPS/MLFPS) , Appendix Table , ITCHS, Item slno and Click Update. Entitlement amount will be calculated automatically.